Hans Scharpf LL. M.
Lawyer in Frankfurt am Main since 1986
amongst others, member of the expert committee for real estates
area city of Frankfurt
Documentary, 94 min
director: Johanna Tschautscher
translation note: The english term “to take out a loan” suggests that somebody loans money from somebody else. In reality, e.g., banks create money whenever they credit a customer account. This new money is a credit, granted by the customer to the bank. This makes deposits a kind of bank debenture, a ‘liability’ from the bank to the person. So both sides, the customer and the bank, are granting credits to each other when a customer “takes out a loan” from the bank. “Real money” produced by a central bank, has rarely been given out. The german term “einen Kredit aufnehmen” fits better. In a free translation this would mean: “to take out a credit”.
- Trailer VOM MYTHOS DER ERLÖSENDEN GEWALT - 09.03.2018
- “Mehrsprachigkeit, Barriere oder Gewinn?” - 28.08.2016
- entdecken – aufdecken Der Fall Hypo Alpe Adria - 15.04.2016
- TOO BIG TO TELL | Recherchen in der Finanzwelt (Dokumentation) - 17.03.2016
- Too BIG To Tell | Research on the financial world (Documentary) - 09.09.2015