This Film Is Not Yet Rated is an independent documentary film about the Motion Picture Association of America’s rating system and its effect on American culture, directed by Kirby Dick and produced by Eddie Schmidt. It premiered at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival and was released into select theatres on September 1, 2006. The Independent Film Channel, the film’s producer, aired the film later that autumn.
The MPAA gave the original cut of the film an NC-17 rating for “some graphic sexual content”: scenes that illustrated the content a film could include to garner an NC-17 rating. Kirby Dick appealed, and descriptions of the ratings deliberations and appeal were included in the documentary. The new version of the film is not rated.
The film discusses disparities the filmmaker sees in ratings and feedback: between Hollywood and independent films, between gay and straight sexual situations, and between violence and sexual content.
- Re: Reparieren wird belohnt Weiternutzen statt wegwerfen - 25.04.2018
- The Third Industrial Revolution: A Radical New Sharing Economy - 13.04.2018
- Das Anders-Spiel: Karriere-Verweigerer und Wertewandel (3sat Kulturzeit) - 13.04.2018
- Sascha Adamek: Der Scharia-Kapitalismus (Vortrag 2018) - 28.03.2018
- Thomas Pikettys Wirtschaftswälzer versetzt die Welt in Aufregung - 28.03.2018