The Power of Nightmares, subtitled The Rise of the Politics of Fear, is a BBC documentary film series, written and produced by Adam Curtis. Its three one-hour parts consist mostly of a montage of archive footage with Curtis’s narration. The series was first broadcast in the United Kingdom in late 2004 and has subsequently been broadcast in multiple countries and shown in several film festivals, including the 2005 Cannes Film Festival.
The films compare the rise of the Neo-Conservative movement in the United States and the radical Islamist movement, making comparisons on their origins and claiming similarities between the two. More controversially, it argues that the threat of radical Islamism as a massive, sinister organised force of destruction, specifically in the form of al-Qaeda, is a myth perpetrated by politicians in many countries—and particularly American Neo-Conservatives—in an attempt to unite and inspire their people following the failure of earlier, more utopian ideologies.
The Power of Nightmares has been praised by film critics in both Britain and the United States. Its message and content have also been the subject of various critiques and criticisms from conservatives and progressives.
The Power of Nightmares Part 3 The Shadows in the Cave by Adam Curtis.
Source and more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Nightmares
- The Trap | Part 1 – Fuck You Buddy (Adam Curtis BBC 2007) - 04.02.2015
- The Trap | Part 2 – The Lonely Robot (Adam Curtis BBC 2007) - 04.02.2015
- The Trap | Part 3 – We Will Force You To Be Free (Adam Curtis BBC 2007) - 04.02.2015
- Macht der Alpträume II | Die neue Politik der Furcht (UT Deutsch) - 09.05.2011
- Macht der Alpträume I | Baby, es ist kalt da draussen (UT Deutsch) - 09.05.2011