In the 1960s, a radical group of psychotherapists challenged the influence of Freudian ideas in America. They were inspired by the ideas of Wilhelm Reich, a pupil of Freud’s, who had turned against him and was hated by the Freud family.
He believed that the inner self did not need to be repressed and controlled. It should be encouraged to express itself. “This series is about how those in power have used Freud’s theories to try and control the dangerous crowd in an age of mass democracy.” – Adam Curtis | The Century of the Self – Part 3 – There is a policeman inside all our heads he must be destroyed. Deutsch: Das Zentrum des Selbst – Teil 3 – Es existiert ein Polizist in all unseren Köpfen, er muss zuerst zerstört werden.
The Century of the Self – Part 3 – There is a policeman inside all our heads he must be destroyed:
- The Trap | Part 1 – Fuck You Buddy (Adam Curtis BBC 2007) - 04.02.2015
- The Trap | Part 2 – The Lonely Robot (Adam Curtis BBC 2007) - 04.02.2015
- The Trap | Part 3 – We Will Force You To Be Free (Adam Curtis BBC 2007) - 04.02.2015
- Macht der Alpträume II | Die neue Politik der Furcht (UT Deutsch) - 09.05.2011
- Macht der Alpträume I | Baby, es ist kalt da draussen (UT Deutsch) - 09.05.2011