Rede vom Kongressabgeordneten Ted Poe anlässlich Barack Obamas Ansprache zur Lage der Nation 2014
Mr. Speaker, on the State of the Unionist tonight. The president has already said that he would ignore Congress if he doesn’t have his way. He’s going to rule by pen and phone. The pen to write down laws and executive orders bypassing Congress. The phone to call lower level operatives, I suppose, like the EPA, the IRS, NSA, and impose new rules and thus again bypassing Congress.
Mr. Speaker, nowhere in the Constitution is the phrase “executive order.” It’s not in this Constitution. This is not an imperial kingdom where the ruler makes his own rules as he goes along. We all learned in 9th grade civics that Congress makes the law and the president can approve or disapprove. It’s in the Constitution.
Rather than rule by pen and phone, the president should be bound by the law and rule by the Constitution and by his oath. But the Constitution seems to be a mere suggestion to this administration. And, Speaker, this is America, it’s not Burger King, the president cannot always “have his way.” And that’s just the way it is, I yield back.
Obamas Rede: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hed1nP9X7pI
- Aufruf zur Solidarität zwischen Deutschen und Flüchtlingen (2/2) - 14. Januar 2016
- Aufruf zur Solidarität zwischen Deutschen und Flüchtlingen (1/2) - 14. Januar 2016
- Infobomben - 16. November 2014
- Israel und Palästina – Eine sehr kurze Einführung - 3. August 2014
- Roadtrip: Bilderberg 2014 Copenhagen - 21. Juni 2014