Taken for a Ride is an amazing documentary by Jim Kleina and Martha Olson that documents the efforts to derail mass transit in America. Ever wonder why the U.S. has the worst mass transportation system in the industrialized world? Using historical footage and investigative research, this film tells how GM fought to push freeways into the inner cities of America, and push public transportation out.
This video was funded by the Independent Television Service. Support the work of this film by (a) using public transportation, (b) telling your elected representatives to dedicate more funding towards public transportation, and (c) purchase this video for your own collection.
For more information about this film, check out:
- The Third Industrial Revolution: A Radical New Sharing Economy - 13.04.2018
- Das Anders-Spiel: Karriere-Verweigerer und Wertewandel (3sat Kulturzeit) - 13.04.2018
- Sascha Adamek: Der Scharia-Kapitalismus (Vortrag 2018) - 28.03.2018
- Thomas Pikettys Wirtschaftswälzer versetzt die Welt in Aufregung - 28.03.2018
- Interpol: Wer kontrolliert die Weltpolizei? - 26.03.2018