Super Size Me is an Academy Award-nominated 2004 documentary film, directed by and starring Morgan Spurlock, an American independent filmmaker. It follows a 30-day time period (February 2003) during which Spurlock subsists exclusively on McDonald’s fast food and stops exercising regularly. The film documents this lifestyle’s drastic effects on Spurlock’s physical and psychological well-being and explores the fast food industry’s corporate influence, including how it encourages poor nutrition for its own profit.
During the filming, Spurlock dined at McDonald’s restaurants three times per day, sampling every item on the chain’s menu at least once. He consumed an average of 5,000 calories (the equivalent of 9.26 Big Macs) per day during the experiment.
In February 2005, Super Size Me Educationally Enhanced DVD edition was released. It is an edited version of the film designed to be integrated into a high school health curriculum. MSNBC has also broadcast an hour long version of the film, in addition to the regular version. www.super-size-me.de
Super Size Me – Trailer auf deutsch – German Trailer
Super Size Me English:
- Richard David Precht: Adieu Fakten? (DAI Heidelberg) - 24. August 2017
- Palaissommer mit Richard David Precht und Christian Felber - 16. August 2017
- Richard David Precht: „Das Grundeinkommen kommt!“ - 16. August 2017
- Abgehört und abgenickt – Die etwas andere deutsch-amerikanische Freundschaft - 3. August 2017
- Die Geschichte des Technoviking (deutsche Version) - 2. August 2017