Super Size Me is an Academy Award-nominated 2004 documentary film, directed by and starring Morgan Spurlock, an American independent filmmaker. It follows a 30-day time period (February 2003) during which Spurlock subsists exclusively on McDonald’s fast food and stops exercising regularly. The film documents this lifestyle’s drastic effects on Spurlock’s physical and psychological well-being and explores the fast food industry’s corporate influence, including how it encourages poor nutrition for its own profit.
During the filming, Spurlock dined at McDonald’s restaurants three times per day, sampling every item on the chain’s menu at least once. He consumed an average of 5,000 calories (the equivalent of 9.26 Big Macs) per day during the experiment.
In February 2005, Super Size Me Educationally Enhanced DVD edition was released. It is an edited version of the film designed to be integrated into a high school health curriculum. MSNBC has also broadcast an hour long version of the film, in addition to the regular version. www.super-size-me.de
Super Size Me – Trailer auf deutsch – German Trailer
Super Size Me English:
- Bitter Lake | Story of Afghanistan since 1946 (BBC Adam Curtis 2015) - 17.08.2021
- Zauberpflanzen und Ausnahmezustände. Christian Rätsch im Gespräch mit Ralf Schönfelder - 06.08.2021
- Superreichtum: Noam Chomsky | Requiem für den amerikanischen Traum (Dokumentation) - 01.08.2021
- Czacz: Wo Sperrmüll zu Geld gemacht wird - 24.07.2021
- Unwetter: Die unterschätzte Gefahr durch Starkregen (Dokumentation) - 24.07.2021