Find out more at: https://re-publica.de/16/session/terror-ernst-nehmen-terroristen-auslachen
The self-proclaimed Islamic State (IS) has interwoven terrorist activities with pop culture for its propaganda in a unique way. The terrorist organization controls the reporting of the dominated areas and simultaneously appeals to our sensationalism in order to spread fear, panic and distrust. To counter this terrorist logic something we need something more objectivity and humor, both in the Arab world as well as in ours.
This is a translated version of the original talk, which was held in german. Find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2d4Cp19-mE
We kindly thank the team of translators: Julian Finn, Kathrin Grannemann, Sirenensang, Philipp Bock, Matthias Bauer, Anwen Roberts, Johannes Korn, Stefan Jaekel and Sebastian Lisken.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:connecting EUROPE re:cap Video 2017 - 18.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017