Find out more at:https://re-publica.de/16/session/music-instrument-innovation-impact
Matan’s incredible journey from musician & film maker to award winning inventor started with the realization that his actions could have more ‘real, positive impact on the world’. In the past 2 years he has developed ways to translate heartbeats, brainwaves and motions into music while turning everyday objects such as hats, glasses and gloves into instruments, working to empower people with special needs to express themselves in new ways, speaking and performing on stages worldwide and building interactive installations for museums & galleries.
As the founder of Shift, a company which specializes in positive innovation, Matan is now laying the foundations for a new kind of lab – one which works with emerging technologies while focusing on their potential to do good in the world. During this fascinating talk Matan will not only share his story, insights and inventions, but also perform a live demo of his latest prototype, which enables anyone to play music using nothing but hand movements.
Speaker: Matan Berkowitz
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:publica 2018 Netzfest – re:cap - 03.07.2018
- Lange Nacht der Ideen 2018: The Human Touch – Ethik und Künstliche Intelligenz – Teaser - 25.06.2018
- Lange Nacht der Ideen 2018: The Human Touch – Ethik und Künstliche Intelligenz - 25.06.2018
- re:publica 2018 Berlin – re:cap video - 19.06.2018
- re:publica 2018 – Kunst & Protest: 1000 GESTALTEN auf dem G20-Gipfel - 23.05.2018