Find out more at:https://re-publica.de/16/session/music-instrument-innovation-impact
Matan’s incredible journey from musician & film maker to award winning inventor started with the realization that his actions could have more ‘real, positive impact on the world’. In the past 2 years he has developed ways to translate heartbeats, brainwaves and motions into music while turning everyday objects such as hats, glasses and gloves into instruments, working to empower people with special needs to express themselves in new ways, speaking and performing on stages worldwide and building interactive installations for museums & galleries.
As the founder of Shift, a company which specializes in positive innovation, Matan is now laying the foundations for a new kind of lab – one which works with emerging technologies while focusing on their potential to do good in the world. During this fascinating talk Matan will not only share his story, insights and inventions, but also perform a live demo of his latest prototype, which enables anyone to play music using nothing but hand movements.
Speaker: Matan Berkowitz
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:connecting EUROPE re:cap Video 2017 - 18.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017