Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/5037
The Open Internet is our best chance to provide economic and social opportunity for all. We should ask ourselves how tightly that opportunity is controlled, and how broadly control over this opportunity remains distributed to each of us.
• Can companies watch and track and sell all my online activities? What choices do I have if I don´t like how I´m being treated?
• Who owns the data that describes me? Can I get it? Can I control it? Can I move it?
• Can I get to the whole Internet, or just the part of it my hardware or software or access provider wants to let me see?
We already have such systems — broadcast TV, cable TV, the large media and news organizations. The Open Internet brought i…
Mitchell Baker | http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/ | https://twitter.com/MitchellBaker
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- Aftermovie | re:publica 21 - 20.06.2021
- Ende und Anfang – Trauer im virtuellen Raum | re:publica 2021 - 18.06.2021
- Debunking fake news with collaboration and AI | re:publica 2021 - 22.05.2021
- „re:start connect“, Folge 11 – Creamspeak | re:publica 21 - 22.05.2021
- „re:start connect“, Folge 10 – Creamspeak | re:publica 21 - 22.05.2021