Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/5047
Speculative Design makes proposals that digest large complex issues surrounding our futures into tangible designs for debate. These emerge as memes to change our perspective on scientific research and tech trajectories. I push a form of Speculative Design that builds mutually beneficial relationships between fringe communities and the mainstream population.
I will show some of my case-studies of unusual possible futures in a way that we can emotionally digestible grand research complexities as messy people rather than early adopters, users and consumers. As well as using case studies of other practioners, I will explain the rationale of some of my projects.
Lisa Ma | http://lisama.co.uk | http://twitter.com/fringejoyride
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Stories of Protest: Identity and Networks Across Europe and Beyond - 09.10.2017