Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/1438
I don’t think that a world where most of the personal data of the world is stored on servers of a hand full companies is a good one. ownCloud is a free software project that offers a decentralized alternative to proprietary cloud services where everybody can run an own cloud service comparable with Dropbox but on own hardware and with full control.
More and more people store their personal files and documents in cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive or iCloud. The reason is that they provide convenient features to sync your files between devices and share them with others.
We are heading full speed into a future where a huge piece of the personal information of the world is stored in very few centralized services.
Questions emerge what the impact on user privacy, surveillance, lawfulness of content and storage cost will be in in the long run.
I don’t think that a world where most of the personal data of the world is stored on servers of a hand full companies is a good one.
This talk will discuss the problems of a future w…
Frank Karlitschek | http://owncloud.org | https://twitter.com/fkarlitschek | https://www.facebook.com/karlitschek
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- Recap re:publica 2017 in Berlin! - 19. Juni 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Christiane Mudra: Off record- Quellenschutz und V-Mann-Praxis im NSU-Komplex - 29. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Stuart Sheldon: Less Fear, More Optimism - 24. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Netzansichten: Durchsetzung digitaler Grundrechte - 24. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Brave New Genome - 23. Mai 2017