Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/6424
Iceland could have been innovative: With the first truly crowdsourced constitution.
Nearly a thousand randomly selected Icelanders initiatively expressed wishes and contributed ideas. In November 2010, a citizen panel of 25 people was selected from 523 candidates. Although the Supreme Court entered caveat at the request of the “old conservative elites’ opposition”, it bypassed the parliament, because the court declared the 25 persons a Constitutional Council. Within only four months the men and women — accompanied by the citizens via Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and other sites — enrolled a jointly draft.
However, a majority in Parliament has now decided that before the end of parliamentary el…
Birgitta Jónsdóttir | http://this.is/birgitta | http://twitter.com/birgittaj | http://www.facebook.com/birgitta.jonsdottir.english
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:publica 2018 Netzfest – re:cap - 03.07.2018
- Lange Nacht der Ideen 2018: The Human Touch – Ethik und Künstliche Intelligenz – Teaser - 25.06.2018
- Lange Nacht der Ideen 2018: The Human Touch – Ethik und Künstliche Intelligenz - 25.06.2018
- re:publica 2018 Berlin – re:cap video - 19.06.2018
- re:publica 2018 – Kunst & Protest: 1000 GESTALTEN auf dem G20-Gipfel - 23.05.2018