Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/1981
Journalism needs to explore new ways of tell stories – to start using the web as a medium more fully and move beyond the established form of the article. In our workshop, we want to explore
what the best format is to express a range of news stories.
News on the web brings us an entirely new platform, yet the people and institutions that run news sites are tied to the legacies of the print world: we focus on creating articles on a daily basis, in a set of fixed formats that are dictated by newspaper technology.
As part of the Knight-Mozilla OpenNews Program, eight fellows are embedded in different newsrooms around the world, including the two of us at ZEIT Online and SPIEGEL ONLINE. Our goal in these two newsrooms is to find cutting-edge approaches for using technology in telling the news.
By first exploring example stories we’ll use this workshop to deconstruct traditional story telling methods and then to brainstorm and explore new way…
Annabel Church | https://twitter.com/annabelchurch
Friedrich Lindenberg | http://pudo.org | http://twitter.com/pudo
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:connecting EUROPE re:cap Video 2017 - 18.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017