The last two years have seen democracy, human rights, and the rule of law threatened in Hungary, and through its actions, the government has infringed upon the rights of many groups. Right-wing extremism has also been gaining more power, support, and visibility.
In this context more and more activists groups and initiatives have emerged and have been fighting their struggles against these phenomena. Social media and creative forms of documenting human rights issues have greatly contributed to the successes of these movements. Challenges however are numerous. The presentation will focus on state control and rising extremism and newly emerging creative ways in the Hungarian activist scene to combat these.
In cooperation with the Federal Agency for Civic Education (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung).
Learn more about re:publica: http://re-publica.de
- re:publica 2018 Netzfest – re:cap - 03.07.2018
- Lange Nacht der Ideen 2018: The Human Touch – Ethik und Künstliche Intelligenz – Teaser - 25.06.2018
- Lange Nacht der Ideen 2018: The Human Touch – Ethik und Künstliche Intelligenz - 25.06.2018
- re:publica 2018 Berlin – re:cap video - 19.06.2018
- re:publica 2018 – Kunst & Protest: 1000 GESTALTEN auf dem G20-Gipfel - 23.05.2018