To understand the new world of the book we must challenge our assumptions about the book. We must understand that web changes not only the format of the media and the available distribution channels, but the cultural context, economic and social processes surrounding the book.
Most importantly, the web changes the reasons why books exist and your relationship to the production of knowledge and culture. These seismic changes are occurring because a webpage is a book or rather, a book is just a webpage.
Learn more about re:publica: http://re-publica.de
- re:publica Accra 2018 | re:cap - 11.02.2019
- re:publica Accra 2018 – Made in Africa, Coming to America: Distribution in the Digital Age - 14.01.2019
- re:publica Accra 2018 – Disrupting Conferences: The Art of Hosting Events that Matter - 14.01.2019
- re:publica Accra 2018 – Boundaries and Technology – How Africa Can Overcome Linguistic Troubles… - 14.01.2019
- re:publica Accra 2018 – Dude, Where is my Container?! Leveraging Blockchain Technology for Global… - 14.01.2019