To understand the new world of the book we must challenge our assumptions about the book. We must understand that web changes not only the format of the media and the available distribution channels, but the cultural context, economic and social processes surrounding the book.
Most importantly, the web changes the reasons why books exist and your relationship to the production of knowledge and culture. These seismic changes are occurring because a webpage is a book or rather, a book is just a webpage.
Learn more about re:publica: http://re-publica.de
- re:connecting EUROPE re:cap Video 2017 - 18.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017