The world is ending, and we, the insatiable consumers, are at fault. Our homes and landfills are overrun with junk designed for a limited lifetime. But before we choke off the planet, there’s something we can do.
Unlike any other generation, we can better provide and share infrastructure thanks to network technology. We can buy, build, and collaborate locally and efficiently. We can shop smarter, share better, and use our networks, both online and off, to reduce waste, improve the economy and environment, spare our bank accounts, and even have a good time and make new friends doing it.
This is collaborative consumption, and I want to talk about its wonderful opportunities.
Learn more about re:publica: http://re-publica.de
- Recap re:publica 2017 in Berlin! - 19. Juni 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Christiane Mudra: Off record- Quellenschutz und V-Mann-Praxis im NSU-Komplex - 29. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Stuart Sheldon: Less Fear, More Optimism - 24. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Netzansichten: Durchsetzung digitaler Grundrechte - 24. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Brave New Genome - 23. Mai 2017