At Fort George “Orwell” Meade, home of the NSA and the US Defense Information School, managing the message of Chelsea Manning’s trial was facilitated by a lack of public access to most of the court filings and rulings until 18 months into her legal proceeding.
While Manning disclosed approximately 750,000 documents to WikiLeaks, only 226 documents of those documents were charged against her under the Espionage and Computer Fraud and Abuse Acts. Only now, three months after being convicted to thirty-five years in prison on twenty counts (including seven containing the Esionage Act language), do we know the identity of most of those 226 charged documents.
Do you want to know what put Manning away for 35 years? The truth is stranger than fiction.
Speaker: Alexa O’Brien, Title: “07KINGSTON25 JAMAICA: MALARIA UPDATE Dispatches from Fort Meade – Reporting on the secret trial of Chelsea Manning” EventID: 5634, Event: 30th Chaos Communication Congress [30c3] by the Chaos Computer Club [CCC], Location: Congress Centrum Hamburg (CCH); Am Dammtor; Marseiller Straße; 20355 Hamburg; Germany, Language: english, Begin: 12/27/2013 16:00:00 +01:00, Lizenz: CC-by
Reporting on the secret trial of Chelsea Manning | Alexa O’Brien 30C3 (27.12.2013):
- CCC-Jahresrückblick 2016 [33c3] - 8. Januar 2017
- 33C3 Closing Ceremony [33c3] - 30. Dezember 2016
- Security Nightmares 0x11 [33c3] 2016 - 30. Dezember 2016
- Markus Beckedahl: Privatisierung der Rechtsdurchsetzung [33c3] - 30. Dezember 2016
- DE-CIX: Warum in die Ferne schweifen, wenn das Ausland liegt so nah? [33c3] - 30. Dezember 2016