Maps are changing our world in ways we could hardly imagine just a few years ago? This presentation will explain why, giving a real world examples ranging from Haiti and Egypt to Libya and Japan. Today’s maps are live maps that combine crowds and clouds to drive social change. The presentation will highlight the latest in the field of crisis mapping by drawing on the remarkable efforts of a new initiative called the Standby Volunteer Task Force.
Learn more about re:publica: http://re-publica.de
- re:publica Accra 2018 | re:cap - 11.02.2019
- re:publica Accra 2018 – Made in Africa, Coming to America: Distribution in the Digital Age - 14.01.2019
- re:publica Accra 2018 – Disrupting Conferences: The Art of Hosting Events that Matter - 14.01.2019
- re:publica Accra 2018 – Boundaries and Technology – How Africa Can Overcome Linguistic Troubles… - 14.01.2019
- re:publica Accra 2018 – Dude, Where is my Container?! Leveraging Blockchain Technology for Global… - 14.01.2019