Maps are changing our world in ways we could hardly imagine just a few years ago? This presentation will explain why, giving a real world examples ranging from Haiti and Egypt to Libya and Japan. Today’s maps are live maps that combine crowds and clouds to drive social change. The presentation will highlight the latest in the field of crisis mapping by drawing on the remarkable efforts of a new initiative called the Standby Volunteer Task Force.
Learn more about re:publica: http://re-publica.de
- re:connecting EUROPE re:cap Video 2017 - 18.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017