Our Puppet Story
Patterns and Learnings
In this talk I will present our collection of useful tools, learnings and design patterns for Puppet. We will potentially stumble across topics like Vagrant, VeeWee, EC2, Docker, git magic, Hiera, monitoring, MCollective, Puppet roles and profiles.
This talk will not reinvent the wheel, but present some techniques that made us much more productive in our daily work and will hopefully help you in the future.
In the past years it was our mission to manage development, testing and production environments for web projects with agile multi-team setups.
Systems were often rather complex, with dozens of services involved. The infrastructure requirements changed frequently and as agile as the rest of project. And of course changes had to be tested and deployed continuously in a controlled and reproducible manner.
A mission impossible without systematic configuration management and even with such a great tool like Puppet a continuous challenge.
Redner: Martin Schütte
Event: FrOSCon 2014 des Free and Open Source Software Conference (FrOSCon) e.V.
Ort: Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg; Grantham-Allee 20, 53757 Sankt Augustin; Deutschland
Beginn: So. 24.08.2014 11:15:00 +02:00
- 35C3 – “The” Social Credit System - 15.01.2019
- 35C3 ChaosWest – Die eigene Stimme hacken - 14.01.2019
- 35C3 – Conquering Large Numbers at the LHC - 12.01.2019
- 35C3 – Sense without sight: a crash course on #BlindNavigation – deutsche Übersetzung - 12.01.2019
- 35C3 – Sense without sight: a crash course on #BlindNavigation - 12.01.2019