Barack Obama promised to close Guantanamo, end the Iraq war, take the global leadership in alternative energies, and to stand for social equality and fair taxes. Obama did not keep many of his promises, many hopes were left disappointed. He escalated the war in Afghanistan and expanded the illegal drone warfare. In the last years, four million families in the United States have lost their homes through mortgage repossession by banks, while the financial industry profited and showered themselves with bonuses. With his health system reform Obama blocked the introduction of national health insurance. His civil liberty policy is today seen as more restrictive than his predecessor Bush. Under Obama’s presidency more whistleblowers were jailed than under all preceding US presidents combined.
- Der Kampf gegen Flüchtlinge geht weiter - 25.03.2019
- George Monbiot: Alienation, Environmental Breakdown and the Search for a New Progressive Narrative - 28.02.2019
- George Monbiot: Neoliberalismus, Entfremdung, Umweltkollaps und die Suche nach einem neuen Narrativ - 27.02.2019
- Ulrike Herrmann und Fabian Scheidler: Die Krise des Kapitalismus und der sozial-ökologische Umbau - 18.12.2018
- Fabian Scheidler The End of the Megamachine – A Failing Civilization? Brainwash Festival Amsterdam - 21.11.2018