Barack Obama promised to close Guantanamo, end the Iraq war, take the global leadership in alternative energies, and to stand for social equality and fair taxes. Obama did not keep many of his promises, many hopes were left disappointed. He escalated the war in Afghanistan and expanded the illegal drone warfare. In the last years, four million families in the United States have lost their homes through mortgage repossession by banks, while the financial industry profited and showered themselves with bonuses. With his health system reform Obama blocked the introduction of national health insurance. His civil liberty policy is today seen as more restrictive than his predecessor Bush. Under Obama’s presidency more whistleblowers were jailed than under all preceding US presidents combined.
- Srećko Horvat: Ein anderes Europa ist möglich - 07.11.2017
- Fabian Scheidler: Chaos. Das neue Zeitalter der Revolutionen – Kontext TV - 06.11.2017
- Was der Wahlkampf verschweigt: die Autoindustrie und der Weg ins Klimachaos – Kontext TV - 12.09.2017
- Richard Wolff: The Angry Working Class and the Quest for a New Economic Order – Kontext TV - 16.06.2017
- Richard Wolff: Die Wut der Arbeiter und die Suche nach einer neuen Wirtschaftsordnung – Kontext TV - 13.06.2017