In an interview with Kontext TV political scientist Norman Finkelstein examines the Israel-Palestine conflict, shows why there still is no Palestinian state and points out that Gandhian tactics in the Middle East conflict could work. “I don’t think they can do much. I think they’ll have a very hard time.” Today much more is known about the conflict, says Finkelstein. Too often Israel has chosen war over diplomacy and blocked a two state settlement while it is incorporating more and more Palestinian land. Furthermore Israel has become increasingly vulnerable to outside pressure due to human rights violations. Even though Finkelstein goes along with boycott strategies the BDS movement is advocating for he is critical of the movement’s political dishonesty. He insists on sticking to the two state solution following international law. The interview with Norman Finkelstein was conducted before the protests in Gaza in 2018 started.
- Fabian Scheidler The End of the Megamachine – A Failing Civilization? Brainwash Festival Amsterdam - 21.11.2018
- Warum die EU nicht zu retten und ein Austritt keine Lösung ist: Lisa Mittendrein (Attac Österreich)) - 18.10.2018
- Kontext TV: Ein anderes Fernsehen ist möglich HD - 01.10.2018
- Milo Rau, Fabian Scheidler im Literaturhaus Berlin: Chaos. Das neue Zeitalter der Revolutionen - 04.07.2018
- Stefan Rahmstorf: Der unterschätzte Klimawandel: Jetstreams, versinkende Städte, Todeszonen im Meer - 15.06.2018