Why estimates are bad for your software & team & management
Estimates are part of our daily live. Every single day we ask and answer questions like: “when will it be done?”, “how much does it cost?” and use that “data” to plan the future of our projects. Some of us using rigorously formalised processes with heaps of excel sheets, some applying more agile methods like planning poker. While doing that, we do not realise, how estimates are harmful!
#NoEstimates is about exploring alternative ways of planning our work, of assigning value to features and a different approach about what we want to deliver.
The Talk will cover: 1) “Bad parts” of estimates e.g.: gaming, team dysfunctions, Parkinsons Law 2) Possible different methods to manage software projects & teams 3) what you should do instead 4) Why “Projects” are even worse: #NoProjects Intro
Event: Easterhegg 2014 [eh14] des Chaos Computer Clubs Stuttgart
Ort: Kulturhaus Arena; Ulmer Straße 241; 70327 Stuttgart-Wangen; Germany
Beginn: Sa. 19.04.2014 21:30:00 +02:00
- GPN18 – Hacking relationships - 15.05.2018
- GPN18 – automated number plate readers - 15.05.2018
- GPN18 – U2Fishing: Potential Security Threat Introduced by U2F Key Wrapping Mechanism - 14.05.2018
- GPN18 – ada_conf – the making of a separatistic IT conference - 14.05.2018
- GPN18 – Infrastructure Review and Closing - 14.05.2018