Brooker looks into the gradual change of the news’s treatment and usage of public emotion and popular opinion, beginning with the period following the death of Diana, Princess of Wales and leading to the death of Jade Goody. This episode examines how during certain events (particularly the heavy snowfall experienced in the UK during early 2009) the news catered more to trivialities as opposed to genuine current events. Also examined is how a change occurred in British politics in the previous half a century, and how politicians are now largely concerned with using their influence to strengthen their careers and their earnings, rather than representing their constituents. This was covered in a segment by political journalist Peter Oborne which frequently had to be censored for legal reasons.
- Shark Cage Dive / Port Lincoln / Australia / English Subtitles - 18.02.2018
- Great White Shark I Port Lincoln I Australia I Shark Cage Dive - 18.02.2018
- Re: Weniger ist mehr | Vom Glück anders zu wirtschaften - 15.02.2018
- Byfield National Park I 4×4 adventure I Australia - 15.02.2018
- ULURU / THE SPIRITUAL HEART OF AUSTRALIA - 13.02.2018