Brooker discusses television news’s coverage of the global financial crisis of 2008–2009, particularly focussing on the gimmicks used to present “the crunch” to audiences, “The Week in Bullshit”, which looked at Pope Benedict XVI’s comments on birth control, the overblown coverage of Muslim protestors in Luton, and later the damagingly sensationalist reporting of the Winnenden school shooting. There are also authored segments about the PR industry’s present influence over journalism with a case study on the NatWest Three by Nick Davies, a poem on bankers by Tim Key and Danielle Ward attempts to rebrand the economic downturn as “moneygeddon”.
- Gemeinwohl-Ökonomie: Wirtschaft neu denken | Christian Felber - 19.04.2019
- Zeitalter des Kapitalozän | Prof. Dr. Harald Lesch TH Köln 2019 - 31.03.2019
- Gottes missbrauchte Dienerinnen - 06.03.2019
- Die Vielleicht-Ära: Unverbindlichkeit im Alltag | Fabian Neidhardt - 14.02.2019
- Goldfieber | Goldrausch 2.0 (Dokumentation Teil 1/2) - 12.02.2019