Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/5705
Neil Harbisson and Moon Ribas are the founders of Cyborg Foundation, an international organization that seeks to extend the humans senses by creating cybernetic body extensions, to defend the rights of cyborgs, and promote Cyborgism.
Neil and Moon talk about their personal relation with cybernetics, and how technology change their perception of life.Neil Harbisson, became the first person recognized by a government as a cyborg. Harbisson was born with achromatopsia, a conditionthat only allows him to see the world in black and white. Since he was 20 years, he installed an electronic eye (“eyeborg”) into his head that allows him to listen to colours.
Neil Harbisson | http://www.harbisson.com
Moon Ribas | http://www.moonribas.com
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- Recap re:publica 2017 in Berlin! - 19. Juni 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Christiane Mudra: Off record- Quellenschutz und V-Mann-Praxis im NSU-Komplex - 29. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Stuart Sheldon: Less Fear, More Optimism - 24. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Netzansichten: Durchsetzung digitaler Grundrechte - 24. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Brave New Genome - 23. Mai 2017