Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/5705
Neil Harbisson and Moon Ribas are the founders of Cyborg Foundation, an international organization that seeks to extend the humans senses by creating cybernetic body extensions, to defend the rights of cyborgs, and promote Cyborgism.
Neil and Moon talk about their personal relation with cybernetics, and how technology change their perception of life.Neil Harbisson, became the first person recognized by a government as a cyborg. Harbisson was born with achromatopsia, a conditionthat only allows him to see the world in black and white. Since he was 20 years, he installed an electronic eye (“eyeborg”) into his head that allows him to listen to colours.
Neil Harbisson | http://www.harbisson.com
Moon Ribas | http://www.moonribas.com
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:publica 2018 Berlin – re:cap video - 19.06.2018
- re:publica 2018 – Kunst & Protest: 1000 GESTALTEN auf dem G20-Gipfel - 23.05.2018
- re:publica 2018 – Manuel Beltrán: We, the Data Workers: Challenging the future of labour - 16.05.2018
- re:publica 2018 – Maike Janssen: Kernkompetenz: durchwurschteln! - 16.05.2018
- re:publica 2018 – Just Nate: Gender ABC - 09.05.2018