Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/5705
Neil Harbisson and Moon Ribas are the founders of Cyborg Foundation, an international organization that seeks to extend the humans senses by creating cybernetic body extensions, to defend the rights of cyborgs, and promote Cyborgism.
Neil and Moon talk about their personal relation with cybernetics, and how technology change their perception of life.Neil Harbisson, became the first person recognized by a government as a cyborg. Harbisson was born with achromatopsia, a conditionthat only allows him to see the world in black and white. Since he was 20 years, he installed an electronic eye (“eyeborg”) into his head that allows him to listen to colours.
Neil Harbisson | http://www.harbisson.com
Moon Ribas | http://www.moonribas.com
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:connecting EUROPE re:cap Video 2017 - 18.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017