Keynote by Micah Sifry at re:publica 2010 in Berlin about “Obama Agonistes:
From Campaigning to Governing, The Struggle to Open Up Politics”.
“In 2008, Barack Obama rode a wave of mass political participation to become the first African-American President in the United States. His campaign was widely described as a model for integrating bottom-up grassroots supportonline and offlinewith traditional top-down marketing. And his administration promised to transform government by making it more open, participatory and collaborative. How much has Obama delivered on these promises? And how much did he really change American politics? In this talk, Micah Sifry, co-founder of the Personal Democracy Forum and editor of techPresident.com will look at the myths, and realities, of Obama the candidate and president.”
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Work and employment in the digital age - 20. September 2017
- re:publica Thessaloniki 2017 – Goodbye #rpTHE, see you at #rp18! - 20. September 2017
- re:publica talks to Klaus Lederer at #rpTHE 2017 - 12. September 2017
- Livestream re:publica Thessaloniki 2017 #rpTHE Stage 2 Day 1 - 11. September 2017
- Livestream re:publica Dublin 2017 #rpDUB Day 2 - 8. September 2017