How do I see the future of the museum as a space of democracy from my vantage point in India, where we hardly have any well-functioning museums, and where democracy itself seems to be shrinking? In my remarks, I want to share some thoughts about the limits and possibilities of building collections and collecting buildings today; about museums as places for redistributive but not retributive justice; and as crowd-sourced self-education as a way of escaping statist cultural propaganda.
Find out more at: https://campus.re-publica.com/de/session/not-same-museum-not-same-future
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Germany (CC BY-SA 4.0 DE)
- Data Protection and Digital Rights | Future Affairs Berlin 2020 - 15.12.2020
- Building Resilience in Cybersecurity | Future Affairs Berlin 2020 - 15.12.2020
- Didier Reynders: Opening remarks | Future Affairs Berlin 2020 - 15.12.2020
- Decoupling the Internet – Taking Sides or Chances? | Future Affairs Berlin 2020 - 15.12.2020
- Welcome to Future Affairs – Gespräch mit Bundesaußenminister Heiko Maas | Future Affairs Berlin 2020 - 15.12.2020