Manufacturing Dissent is a 2007 documentary that asserts that filmmaker and polemicist Michael Moore has used misleading tactics. The documentary exposes what the creators say are Moore’s misleading tactics and mimics Moore’s style of small documentary makers seeking and badgering their target for an interview to receive answers to their charges.
The film was made over the course of two years by Canadians Debbie Melnyk and Rick Caine after they viewed Fahrenheit 9/11, Moore’s controversial film attacking the Bush administration and its policies.
Melnyk and Caine have stated that when they first sought to make a film about Moore, they held great admiration for what he had done for the documentary genre and set out to make a biography of him. During the course of their research, they became disenchanted with Moore’s tactics.
- Richard David Precht: Adieu Fakten? (DAI Heidelberg) - 24.08.2017
- Palaissommer mit Richard David Precht und Christian Felber - 16.08.2017
- Richard David Precht: „Das Grundeinkommen kommt!“ - 16.08.2017
- Abgehört und abgenickt – Die etwas andere deutsch-amerikanische Freundschaft - 03.08.2017
- Die Geschichte des Technoviking (deutsche Version) - 02.08.2017