Would you leave your family behind to find work? Unemployment in some of Moldavia’s rural areas is as high as 80 percent. Anyone who can leave to work usually does. More than 1 million people have left to find to work abroad, often illegally and in lowly paid jobs.
Mothers and fathers can spend years away from their children – but the money they send home can buy them a much better life. It’s a hard choice to make.
Director: Eduard Moschitz
Producers: Arash T. Riahi & Michael Seeber
Produced by Steps International & Golden Girls Filmproduktion
Why Poverty? Series Producer: Brian Tilley, Executive Producer: Don Edkins
Mama Illegal: Moldova – Love or Money? Why Poverty? (Video-Clip 14.12.2012):
- Die Slawen | Unsere geheimnisvollen Vorfahren - 17.01.2018
- Re: Schluss mit “Made in Germany”? Chinas Run auf den Mittelstand - 10.01.2018
- How Facebook turns users data into its profit | Monologue of the Algorithm - 10.01.2018
- Hannah Arendt bei Günter Gaus (Diskussion) - 07.01.2018
- Andreas Rebers | Krankenschwester, Krankenschwester - 04.01.2018