Complete Broadcast: http://www.kontext-tv.de/node/176
With Aris Chatzistefanou, filmmaker from Athens, director of the documentary “Debtocracy” which has been viewed by more than 1.5 million people worldwide
Greece is being driven into a humanitarian crisis by the International Monetary Fund, the European Central Bank and the EU commission, says Aris Chatzistefanou, director of the documentary “Debtocracy”. The social achievements of the 20th century are being destroyed in Greece. For the first time since WW II, there is massive malnutrition of children. However, Greek citizens are not those to blame for the crisis, but a destructive financial system and a faulty design of the eurozone which drives some countries into overindebtment and brings excessive surplus to others – as in the case of Germany. The rescue packages have mainly served to bail out the banks again, not the citizens. Only if the citizens strive for real democracy as they have started in the Arab Spring and in the Occupy movements, real change is going to happen.
- Srećko Horvat: Ein anderes Europa ist möglich - 07.11.2017
- Fabian Scheidler: Chaos. Das neue Zeitalter der Revolutionen – Kontext TV - 06.11.2017
- Was der Wahlkampf verschweigt: die Autoindustrie und der Weg ins Klimachaos – Kontext TV - 12.09.2017
- Richard Wolff: The Angry Working Class and the Quest for a New Economic Order – Kontext TV - 16.06.2017
- Richard Wolff: Die Wut der Arbeiter und die Suche nach einer neuen Wirtschaftsordnung – Kontext TV - 13.06.2017