Complete Broadcast: http://www.kontext-tv.de/node/176
With Aris Chatzistefanou, filmmaker from Athens, director of the documentary “Debtocracy” which has been viewed by more than 1.5 million people worldwide
Greece is being driven into a humanitarian crisis by the International Monetary Fund, the European Central Bank and the EU commission, says Aris Chatzistefanou, director of the documentary “Debtocracy”. The social achievements of the 20th century are being destroyed in Greece. For the first time since WW II, there is massive malnutrition of children. However, Greek citizens are not those to blame for the crisis, but a destructive financial system and a faulty design of the eurozone which drives some countries into overindebtment and brings excessive surplus to others – as in the case of Germany. The rescue packages have mainly served to bail out the banks again, not the citizens. Only if the citizens strive for real democracy as they have started in the Arab Spring and in the Occupy movements, real change is going to happen.
- Ulrike Herrmann und Fabian Scheidler: Die Krise des Kapitalismus und der sozial-ökologische Umbau - 18.12.2018
- Fabian Scheidler The End of the Megamachine – A Failing Civilization? Brainwash Festival Amsterdam - 21.11.2018
- Warum die EU nicht zu retten und ein Austritt keine Lösung ist: Lisa Mittendrein (Attac Österreich)) - 18.10.2018
- Kontext TV: Ein anderes Fernsehen ist möglich HD - 01.10.2018
- Milo Rau, Fabian Scheidler im Literaturhaus Berlin: Chaos. Das neue Zeitalter der Revolutionen - 04.07.2018