Kek Huat Lau (Director) from Taiwan talking about his last documentary, that deals with the difficult search for his missing grandfather.
I was born and brought up in Malaysia, but then emigrated to Singapore where I worked as primary school teacher for 4 years.
However, in 2006, I decided to leave Singapore and arrived in Taiwan, where I enrolled in film studies at the National Taiwan
University of Arts. In NTUA I started directing shorts and won twice the Best Short Film Award at the Taiwan Golden Harvest
Festival, and the Best Director Award in 2009. In 2015, I participated in the Produire Au Sud Atelier in Taipei from Nantes Film Festival with my first feature length script, A love of Bolomi, that also won the best script award from Ministry of Culture in
Taiwan. The same year, my short film Nia’s door won the Best Short Film Sonje Award in Busan International film festival and
was selected in the 38th Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival. “A Love of Boluomi”, depicting my own family story,
also won the Tokyo Talent Award 2015. I also participated the Golden Horse Academy led by director Hou Hsiao-hsien. I have
founded Hummingbird Productions and am currently developing “A love of Bolomi”.
Check out our website for the upcoming Berlinale Talents TV-Show.
Special Thanks to Malte Mau, Hannah Bajwa, Binnur Cavuslu.
XEN.ON TV ist das Ausbildungsfernsehen des MIZ-Babelsberg.
XEN.ON TV im Web:
Tweets by XenonTV
- MEP Sylvia-Yvonne Kaufmann über die Rolle des Europäischen Parlaments - 3. Juli 2017
- MEP Jan Philipp Albrecht über Macron und den Umgang mit Rechtsextremismus - 30. Juni 2017
- MEP Petra Kammerevert über kulturelle Identität - 30. Juni 2017
- Europa! Wirtschaftsraum, Staatengemeinschaft und kulturelle Identität - 16. Juni 2017
- Berlin Model United Nations 2016 – XEN.ON TV meets the Russian delegate - 15. Juni 2017