Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/4711
Are we building the digital environment enhancing our life, or are we guinea pigs of those who control and trade our data?
From major battles won in 2012 against ACTA, SOPA and PIPA, we have a collective responsibility to project ourselves into advocating for protecting our freedoms online. Copyright, Net neutrality, data protection are among the key issues that will determine if our future societies will be more open and based on cooperation and sharing or knowledge, or will turn into authoritarian regimes based on control of our actions and communications.
Social media and all kinds of companies collect a lot of data about us. Some of it is essential to deliver relevant services or is given away with informed consent to receive better service. One may even think that we don’t share anything important or valuab…
Katarzyna Szymielewicz | http://panoptykon.org | https://twitter.com/panoptykon | http://www.facebook.com/Panoptykon
Jérémie Zimmermann | http://laquadrature.net | http://twitter.com/jerezim
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- Recap re:publica 2017 in Berlin! - 19. Juni 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Christiane Mudra: Off record- Quellenschutz und V-Mann-Praxis im NSU-Komplex - 29. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Stuart Sheldon: Less Fear, More Optimism - 24. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Netzansichten: Durchsetzung digitaler Grundrechte - 24. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Brave New Genome - 23. Mai 2017