Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/4711
Are we building the digital environment enhancing our life, or are we guinea pigs of those who control and trade our data?
From major battles won in 2012 against ACTA, SOPA and PIPA, we have a collective responsibility to project ourselves into advocating for protecting our freedoms online. Copyright, Net neutrality, data protection are among the key issues that will determine if our future societies will be more open and based on cooperation and sharing or knowledge, or will turn into authoritarian regimes based on control of our actions and communications.
Social media and all kinds of companies collect a lot of data about us. Some of it is essential to deliver relevant services or is given away with informed consent to receive better service. One may even think that we don’t share anything important or valuab…
Katarzyna Szymielewicz | http://panoptykon.org | https://twitter.com/panoptykon | http://www.facebook.com/Panoptykon
Jérémie Zimmermann | http://laquadrature.net | http://twitter.com/jerezim
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Stories of Protest: Identity and Networks Across Europe and Beyond - 09.10.2017