With all of the social media successes of the Arab Spring, it would be all too easy to overlook the struggles faced by bloggers throughout the region. And yet, 2011 was one of the worst years on record for netizens in the region. From new revelations about surveillance technology exports from the West to brutal crackdowns on bloggers, I will provide an overview of threats to free expression in the region through the lens of the events of 2011…and how you can help.
- re:connecting EUROPE re:cap Video 2017 - 18.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017