Like any other tool, AI has its benefits and its dangers. But we need to be aware of the dangers, to reap the benefits unharmed.
Everybody is talking about the benefits of AI and in which areas it could also be applied to. Only a few question if this should be done at all and which dangers might arise with widespread adoption of AI.
This non-technical talk will give insights into the different dangers of AI: From Skynet and intelligent war drones to BigBrother and a benevolent but misguided super-intelligence à la “I, Robot”, different scenarios with prerequisites and probabilities are discussed. Although the ultimate end-state of AI maybe 50 years ahead, most people focus solely on that, neglecting the many different dangers on the path to get there. But there are a lot of issues we need to start to address today.
We are living in interesting times … a slightly different talk.
- GPN18 – Hacking relationships - 15.05.2018
- GPN18 – automated number plate readers - 15.05.2018
- GPN18 – U2Fishing: Potential Security Threat Introduced by U2F Key Wrapping Mechanism - 14.05.2018
- GPN18 – ada_conf – the making of a separatistic IT conference - 14.05.2018
- GPN18 – Infrastructure Review and Closing - 14.05.2018