ada_conf is an ordinary IT conference, but with one difference: it’s only for women and trans people.
We created ada_conf for a simple reason: there was a demand for it.
In this session I will share the experiences of organizing two conferences in a very short time. What did we excel at, what did we learn? And, are there really enough qualified women to fill a whole tech conference?
This session will be one part prepared talk, and one part discussion and knowledge sharing.
Why we don’t speak about diversity
ada_conf’s organizational structure
Enabling people’s super powers
Getting (and enabling) volunteers
Agile conference development
- GPN18 – Hacking relationships - 15.05.2018
- GPN18 – automated number plate readers - 15.05.2018
- GPN18 – U2Fishing: Potential Security Threat Introduced by U2F Key Wrapping Mechanism - 14.05.2018
- GPN18 – ada_conf – the making of a separatistic IT conference - 14.05.2018
- GPN18 – Infrastructure Review and Closing - 14.05.2018