After other countries abandoned the gold standard in the early days of the Great Depression, the Hoover administration stayed on in, even though doing so may U.S. goods less competitive. Franklin Roosevelt effectively abandoned the gold standard in 1933.
He returned to a modified version of it the following year but with the price of gold raised to $35 per ounce. After WW2, the Roosevelt $35 price became enshrined in the Bretton Woods international monetary system until President Nixon ended that system in 1971.
- Shark Cage Dive / Port Lincoln / Australia / English Subtitles - 18.02.2018
- Great White Shark I Port Lincoln I Australia I Shark Cage Dive - 18.02.2018
- Re: Weniger ist mehr | Vom Glück anders zu wirtschaften - 15.02.2018
- Byfield National Park I 4×4 adventure I Australia - 15.02.2018
- ULURU / THE SPIRITUAL HEART OF AUSTRALIA - 13.02.2018