In this session, two scholars who have extensively studied the role of social media in the Arab Uprisings will present findings (both theirs and others) as well provide a guide to new issues and questions raised by these developments.
How and why did activists across the region turn to the Internet before, during and after these revolts? What role did various social media platforms play in the political process? How does the emergent new media ecology blurs lines between old/new/mobile/Internet media? From Al-Jazeera to video-phone enabled cell-phones, from satellite modems to mesh networks, activists and journalists in the region have displayed some of the most innovative uses of new media tools. Governments, though, are responding.
Learn more about re:publica: http://re-publica.de
- re:publica auf dem Tag der Deutschen Einheit | Zukunft und Innovation - 11.10.2018
- #SequencerTour: Call for Participation How to - 04.09.2018
- #rpAccra: Call for Participation_How to_Sceencast - 31.08.2018
- Netzfest re:cap - 07.08.2018
- re:publica 2018 Netzfest – re:cap - 03.07.2018