Since half a year Hogkong is erupted by a massive political revolt. In the core of this revolt is the youth, fighting day by day against the police with militant and civil disobedient methods. But its also official, that the governement has lost the support of the population: in the last district local elections a huge majority supported the oppositional candidates from the protest and democracy camp in the historical highest turnout.
In late summer we met Au Loong Yu in Hongkong Mongkok. He is an independet left activist, who lives and works his livetime in Hongkong. We talk with him about the background of the Hongkong-Protest: How is the protest organized? What are the social and economic reasons? How much is there a conflict of identities? What is the role of USA and how much is a danger of an Ukraine-Scenario?
00:10 Youth in revolt – where comes the anger?
10:53 Organization of the protest and leaderless movement
15:20 Joshua Wong is not are leader
17:56 Social and economic reasons of the revolt
23:00 How much is the influence of the USA?
25:42 Conflict of identities?
28:16 Ukraine as model?
38:50 Mainland tourism and investments
43:25 Political streams in the Hongkong Protest
48:45 What are the solutions?
55:00 Hopes and fears
- Kein Vergessen – Hanau Gedenkdemo Berlin 19.08.20 - 21.08.2020
- Corona-Impfstoff: Chancen und Risiken mit Luca Gross - 19.08.2020
- Verdrängung in Berlin – Räumung des Syndikats – 07.08.20 - 09.08.2020
- Syndikat vs Pears Global – Interview mit Christian - 08.08.2020
- Syndikat wird geräumt – Prützi live vor Ort - 06.08.2020