Media that spy on and data-mine the public are capable of destroying humanity’s most precious freedom: freedom of thought. Ensuring that media remain structured to support rather than suppress individual freedom and civic virtue requires us to achieve specific free technology and free culture goals. Our existing achievements in these directions are under assault from companies trying to bottleneck human communications or own our common culture, and states eager to control their subjects’ minds. In this talk–one of a series beginning with “The dotCommunist Manifesto” and “Die Gedanken Sind Frei”–I offer some suggestions about how the Free World should meet the challenges of the next decade.
Find out more about re:publica: http://re-publica.de
- re:publica auf dem Tag der Deutschen Einheit | Zukunft und Innovation - 11.10.2018
- #SequencerTour: Call for Participation How to - 04.09.2018
- #rpAccra: Call for Participation_How to_Sceencast - 31.08.2018
- Netzfest re:cap - 07.08.2018
- re:publica 2018 Netzfest – re:cap - 03.07.2018