Protocol Analysis of what actually happens on the cellular protocol layers when you switch on a (2G/3G) phone.
Most hackers gernerally have a pretty good idea what happens on a protocol level when TCP is established, how ARP works and how the start of a HTTP connection looks like. But what about the time your cellphone registers to the (2G/3G) cellular network? This talk will be a step-by-step walk-through on what your phone is doing.
To reduce complexity, only 2G/3G is presented in this talk, leaving 4G for a later incarnation.
This will be a quite technical talk, but it targets people with no or low existing background knowledge on cellular systems or protocols.
- 35C3 – 35C3 Infrastructure Review – traduction française - 20.01.2019
- 35C3 – 35C3 Infrastructure Review – deutsche Übersetzung - 20.01.2019
- 35C3 – 35C3 Infrastructure Review - 20.01.2019
- 35C3 – “The” Social Credit System - 15.01.2019
- 35C3 ChaosWest – Die eigene Stimme hacken - 14.01.2019