Protocol Analysis of what actually happens on the cellular protocol layers when you switch on a (2G/3G) phone.
Most hackers gernerally have a pretty good idea what happens on a protocol level when TCP is established, how ARP works and how the start of a HTTP connection looks like. But what about the time your cellphone registers to the (2G/3G) cellular network? This talk will be a step-by-step walk-through on what your phone is doing.
To reduce complexity, only 2G/3G is presented in this talk, leaving 4G for a later incarnation.
This will be a quite technical talk, but it targets people with no or low existing background knowledge on cellular systems or protocols.
- GPN18 – Hacking relationships - 15.05.2018
- GPN18 – automated number plate readers - 15.05.2018
- GPN18 – U2Fishing: Potential Security Threat Introduced by U2F Key Wrapping Mechanism - 14.05.2018
- GPN18 – ada_conf – the making of a separatistic IT conference - 14.05.2018
- GPN18 – Infrastructure Review and Closing - 14.05.2018