Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/4946
What does my friend Nicole’s bum have to do with breast cancer, murdered young black men, and the future of the Internet?
In the last year, we’ve seen unprecendented social uprising happening online — it seems like every day, there’s a new movement for justice. But what makes a movement catch fire, and how are social technologies shifting our understanding of how power makes the world go ’round?
In this talk, Deanna Zandt will connect the dots between amorphous global movements — #aufschrei, Planned Parenthood Saved Me, Trayvon Martin, Bell Bajao/Ring the Bell, and more — and reveal the intoxicating combination of power and emotional resonance that make revolutions happen.
Deanna Zandt | http://deannazandt.com/ | http://twitter.com/deanna | http://facebook.com/deannaz
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:connecting EUROPE re:cap Video 2017 - 18.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017