Thomas Toivonen’s Dead Society cuts straight to the heart of the situation we’re in right now. The conclusion? We’re fucked! The mass technological culture is killing the planet and if we are to survive, we have to take a look at the roots of the problem. But also avoid false solutions like alternative or “green” technology.
The movie centers around an interview with John Zerzan, anarcho-primitivist philosopher and author who give his view on the problem with civilization and what can be done about it. According to him it’s the reality and not ideas that will give way for a paradigm shift. That is, if people are provided with an alternative… In total the film in its 55 minutes is a very welcomed addition to the not so large collection of green anarchist films.
I think as many people as possible should see it, especially those who are hypnotized by living in the mad machinery of civilization. It’s a slap in the face, an eye opener, a shock; but also inspiring. Favorite scenes: riots, making fire with bow-drill, animals jumping… – Ilmarinen
- Ist weniger mehr? Klüger wirtschaften mit Prof. Niko Paech - 21.04.2019
- Gemeinwohl-Ökonomie: Gemeinwohl, Kooperation und Gemeinwesen - 21.04.2019
- Gemeinwohl-Ökonomie: Wirtschaft neu denken | Christian Felber - 19.04.2019
- Zeitalter des Kapitalozän | Prof. Dr. Harald Lesch TH Köln 2019 - 31.03.2019
- Gottes missbrauchte Dienerinnen - 06.03.2019