Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/1887
Music recommendation is an essential part of the music business. Artists like Trent Reznor have started to get involved in music disovery systems and talk of “Intelligent Curation”. It might be time to envision a more emotional, i.e. relationship based approach to recommendations.
Are we entering the age of “intelligent curation”? Just like the distribution of music has undergone fundamental changes in the last 15 years, so has the culture of music recommendation.
The development of recommendation engines is an essential aspect of online retailers and music platforms, while social media has all but replaced traditional media as the dominant recommendation channel, resulting in a new ecology and economy of taste making.
Where once individual gatekeepers and institutions like radio stations and magazines’ editorial boards battled out hitmaking hegemony in the market with record labels’ marketing departments and advert-driven promotion, today the supposedly free flow of …
Christian Tjaben | http://www.byte.fm/moderator/christian-tjaben | http://twitter.com/lunt | https://www.facebook.com/christian.tjabenNoneNone
Oke Göttlich | http://twitter.com/finetunesOke | https://www.facebook.com/oke.goettlich
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:connecting EUROPE re:cap Video 2017 - 18.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017