The Free60/Xbox-Linux crew at 24C3 Berlin, Germany. Console Hacking 2007. Why Silicon-Based Security is still that hard: Deconstructing Xbox 360 Security.
The Xbox 360 probably is the video game console with the most sophisticated security system to date. Nevertheless, is has been hacked, and now Linux can be run on it. This presentation consists of two parts. In the first part, we describe the motivation and the design of the Xbox 360 security system from a very high-legel point of view, present the hack and what is possible with Linux, and discuss how the situation can be improved both for the manufacturer and for hobbyists with future devices.
In the second, very technical part, we will discuss the design and implementation details of the Xbox 360 system and security architecture and describe in detail how and why it was hacked, as well as how Linux was ported to this new platform. More Informations her: www.free60.org
- CCC-Jahresrückblick 2016 [33c3] - 8. Januar 2017
- 33C3 Closing Ceremony [33c3] - 30. Dezember 2016
- Security Nightmares 0x11 [33c3] 2016 - 30. Dezember 2016
- Markus Beckedahl: Privatisierung der Rechtsdurchsetzung [33c3] - 30. Dezember 2016
- DE-CIX: Warum in die Ferne schweifen, wenn das Ausland liegt so nah? [33c3] - 30. Dezember 2016