Veritasium t-shirts! http://dft.ba/-vetshirt
Supported by Audible: http://bit.ly/ZJ5Q6z
Can we really touch things? Well if by touch we mean exchange a force-carrying particle with, then yes. The photon is the force-carrier of the electromagnetic interaction. But if the photon is also a particle of light then why aren’t magnets glowing? Because the photons are virtual particles, which means they can’t be directly detected (without changing the outcome we are trying to measure.
Who would win in a chin-up competition between me and MinutePhysics? What is going to be the most exciting area of scientific discovery in the next few decades? Where can you get a Veritasium t-shirt? http://dft.ba/-vetshirt
Huge thanks to Brady, CGP Grey, and Henry for their cameos.
Thank you to PhET for the Bohr model simulation: http://phet.colorado.edu/
- Forest of Friendship, Baggage Carousel of Jerks - 02.04.2014
- Gravitational Wave Discovery! Evidence of Cosmic Inflation - 25.03.2014
- Anti-Gravity Wheel Explained - 19.03.2014
- Anti-Gravity Wheel? - 17.03.2014
- Can You Solve This? - 24.02.2014