Explanation of gyro precession: http://bit.ly/U4e8HQ
Less Than: http://bit.ly/GyroLESS
Equal To: http://bit.ly/GyroEQUAL
Huge thanks to A/Prof Emeritus Rod Cross, Helen Georgiou for filming, Alex Yeung, and Chris Stewart, the University of Sydney Mechanical Engineering shop, Duncan and co. Ralph and the School of Physics.
In this video I attempt to lift a 19kg (42 lbs) wheel over my head one-handed while it’s spinning at a few thousand RPM. This replicates an earlier experiment by Professor Eric Laithwaite. He claimed the wheel was ‘light as a feather’ and could not be explained by Newton’s Laws. I wanted to find out for myself what I really felt like.
Music By Kevin MacLeod www.Incompetech.com "Tempting Secrets"
- Forest of Friendship, Baggage Carousel of Jerks - 02.04.2014
- Gravitational Wave Discovery! Evidence of Cosmic Inflation - 25.03.2014
- Anti-Gravity Wheel Explained - 19.03.2014
- Anti-Gravity Wheel? - 17.03.2014
- Can You Solve This? - 24.02.2014