Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/5704
It is estimated that within the next 10 years 80-90% of humanity will own a smart phone or similar device, and the technology they will be carrying, wearing, or even implanting will make the smart phones of today seem as antique as the first cellphones ever invented do now.
This inevitable trend has governments around the world conspiring with corporations to reign in the democratizing power of these devices and the networks they create either to maintain political power or to maximize profit. However, hyper-connected human beings around the world are beginning to organize and demand a human right to connect and to be connected without the fear of surveillance or consequence.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- re:connecting EUROPE re:cap Video 2017 - 18.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Ramak Molavi: Ultimate Platform Power: a situation in need of change - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Anna Alberts: Re:connecting Europe: following money flows - 10.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Digital News/Media Coops: A Better Future? - 09.10.2017
- re:connecting Europe 2017 – Jan-Philipp Martini: Avoid the digital trap. Try Mindfulness. - 09.10.2017