Find out more at: http://13.re-publica.de/node/5704
It is estimated that within the next 10 years 80-90% of humanity will own a smart phone or similar device, and the technology they will be carrying, wearing, or even implanting will make the smart phones of today seem as antique as the first cellphones ever invented do now.
This inevitable trend has governments around the world conspiring with corporations to reign in the democratizing power of these devices and the networks they create either to maintain political power or to maximize profit. However, hyper-connected human beings around the world are beginning to organize and demand a human right to connect and to be connected without the fear of surveillance or consequence.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany
(CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)
- Recap re:publica 2017 in Berlin! - 19. Juni 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Christiane Mudra: Off record- Quellenschutz und V-Mann-Praxis im NSU-Komplex - 29. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Stuart Sheldon: Less Fear, More Optimism - 24. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Netzansichten: Durchsetzung digitaler Grundrechte - 24. Mai 2017
- re:publica 2017 – Brave New Genome - 23. Mai 2017