In an increasingly digital age, input forms for personal data (like name, gender, sexuality, and more), while sometimes necessary, are also increasingly becoming a barrier to entry. Especially for bodies and experiences that do not fit an arbitrary norm the designer might have had in mind.
Whether you are traveling abroad, signing up with a health care provider, filling out a scientific study or ordering food, these forms not only factor into your experience but can even make or break the whole endeavour.
This talk will feature some of the most glaring fails in input form design, discussion about what exactly went wrong and some ideas on how it could be improved to be more accurate and inclusive, both in the particular as well as the general.
- Glühbirnen hacken! - 19.09.2021
- Closing Datenspuren 2021 - 19.09.2021
- #DiVOC R2R – Hydrogen beyond the hype – deutsche Übersetzung - 16.04.2021
- #DiVOC R2R – Hydrogen beyond the hype - 16.04.2021
- #DiVOC R2R – failed: [Inklusion] - 15.04.2021