The GPDR allows to take out your data **out** of the collapsing cloud (Google+ sunset: August 2019, Facebook jumping from data breach to breach, github now part of Microsoft), but the challenge is to take it **into** something else. This talk will show how to move it into net2o, a peer to peer system. #ybti #wefixthenet
# Talk structure #
1. Motivation: The Internet is broken, it needs to be fixed.
+ Special highlight: Data in the cloud — up at whim to whoever owns that cloud
+ Nonfree software as a service means your data is useless without the service
+ Why free software means you have to operate it yourself
2. What is net2o:
+ peer to peer protocol stack
+ last years’ talk: application layer framework.
+ this year: Let’s talk about actual applications.
3. The technical challenge
+ how does data takeouts look like (Examples: Google+, Twitter, Facebook, blogger.com)
+ What kind of data does net2o want?
+ Convert the data
4. The non-technical challenge
+ Get your contacts to net2o, too.
- 35C3 – “The” Social Credit System - 15.01.2019
- 35C3 ChaosWest – Die eigene Stimme hacken - 14.01.2019
- 35C3 – Conquering Large Numbers at the LHC - 12.01.2019
- 35C3 – Sense without sight: a crash course on #BlindNavigation – deutsche Übersetzung - 12.01.2019
- 35C3 – Sense without sight: a crash course on #BlindNavigation - 12.01.2019